BASW and SCIE may be planning to merge to form BASWCOSWSCIESWBOFEETOFIIB.
(British Association of Social Workers College of Social Work Social Care Institute of Excellence Social Work College But Only For England Even Though Our First Initial Is British)
Trips off the tongue.
Having a Scottish parent though, makes me feel marginalised by this new college, much though I approve of the name – so in the spirit of yesterday’s fiery post, I’ve decided to set up my own College.
It will be called the College of People With Social Work Qualifications and Those Who Are Studying Social Work. CPWSWQATWASSW.
Good thing I grabbed the domain name quickly and have been sitting on it for two years, biding my time.
My proposals are:-
To create a job for myself so I can move away from front line practice
To create jobs for my friends so they don’t have to actually do anything that involves social work but we can talk infinitely about what’s best for the profession.
To produce an online magazine because print is so last millennium.
To promote links with social work organisations internationally – cough cough, free trips to the Caribbean to ‘investigate’ how services work there, please.
Membership will be open to anyone who wants to join.
To set up a new set of capacibilities that will be expected of all social workers –
– these will include
– being able to type at least 40 wpm
– advocacy skills when working with oppressive management regimes
– Being able to work with Housing departments without raising your voice.
– Ensuring chocolate and biscuit supplies are constantly replenished in your place of work
– The importance of washing your own mug not using your colleague’s special kitten mug because that makes her really angry – especially if you don’t wash it up.
– Not hiding paperwork in drawers to make your desk (if you have one) look tidier.
– Never being more than one hour late for pre-arranged visits.
There will be a consultation period of one week.
Membership will be free today only but after today will rise to £10,000 per annum to pay for my living costs and trips to the Caribbean. As I don’t believe in paypal and secure transactions are overrated you can just leave your bank details in the comments below and I’ll be in touch.
Special concessionary rate for international members if they live somewhere I want to go on holiday to and can put me up free of charge for at least a week.
Irresistable, I know.